Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by Gail Blue Eyes
AWESOME and OUTSTANDING!! I used sweet potatoes--couldn't get yams. Had a delicate brandy and butter flavor with the yummy spices that enhanced the flavor of the potatoes. Very soft and creamy texture. I served this with pork shoulder and brussel sprouts. Worth more than 5-stars. Thanks!!
- 5 large yams (about 4 1/2 lbs.) or 5 large sweet potatoes (about 4 1/2 lbs.)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook yams in boiling water to cover 45 minutes or until tender; cool to touch.
- Peel and mash.
- Stir in sugar and next 6 ingredients; spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Brush top with 1 tablespoon melted butter; sprinkle with orange rind.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.