Recipe by Lennie
This is a grown-up hot chocolate, although you don't have to use the brandy. A good quality bittersweet dark chocolate can be substituted for the white chocolate if that's your preference.
Top Review by Annacia
This is the best hot chocolate that I have had in quite a while. Richly indulgent, smooth and so so delicious. I need to say that I doubled the milk and cream while leaving all else the same. This delight was throughly enjoyed at the *Comfort Cafe Event, Jan 2010*
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 lb good-quality white chocolate (coarsely chop into chunks)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ounces brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, heat milk and cream over medium-low heat for five minutes.
- Add chocolate chunks to hot milk mixture, then stir in sugar and vanilla; keep stirring, gently, until chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat and stir in brandy.
- Serve in prewarmed mugs, garnished with a cinnamon stick or candy cane, if you wish.