Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cooking Light Cookbook, 1989.
- 1 lb veal cutlet, 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup frozen whole small onion, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Pound cutlets between waxed paper to 1/4" thickness.
- Combine flour and lemon pepper in a shallow dish and dredge veal in mixture.
- Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray and add olive oil.
- Heat over medium-high and saute the cutlets until browned, about 4 minutes per side and transfer to a platter when done (keep warm).
- Add onion and mushrooms to the skillet and saute until tender.
- Add brandy, water, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce to the skillet; bring to a boil, scrapping browned bits from the bottom of the pan to add flavor.
- Spoon mixture over the veal and serve sprinkled with the parsley.