- 4 large sweet potatoes (or 1 large can, drained) or 4 large yams (or 1 large can, drained)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons brandy or 4 tablespoons rum
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until soft.
- ;peel and put in mixing bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer.
- Add eggs, cream, and spices and sugar to taste.
- Beat until light (should be the consistency of thick batter).
- Stir in liquor.
- Taste, and add more liquor if desired.
- Pour into casserole dish.
- Melt butter for topping and combine all topping ingredients; spread evenly over the top of casserole.
- Bake in moderate oven (350°F) 25-30 minutes, or until warmed through and topping is browned.