1/1 Photo of Brandied Sweet Potatoes
From "Southern Legacies". Elegant company sweet potato casserole, suitable to serve with your Thanksgiving turkey or your Christmas ham!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large sweet potatoes (or 1 large can, drained) or 4 large yams (or 1 large can, drained)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons brandy or 4 tablespoons rum
- 1Boil potatoes until soft.
- 2;peel and put in mixing bowl.
- 3Beat with electric mixer.
- 4Add eggs, cream, and spices and sugar to taste.
- 5Beat until light (should be the consistency of thick batter).
- 6Stir in liquor.
- 7Taste, and add more liquor if desired.
- 8Pour into casserole dish.
- 9Melt butter for topping and combine all topping ingredients; spread evenly over the top of casserole.
- 10Bake in moderate oven (350°F) 25-30 minutes, or until warmed through and topping is browned.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brandied Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.8
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 113.7 mg
- Sodium 220.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 40.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g