Recipe by Kat's Mom
This is delicious and very easy & quick to make. Slightly modified from "Italian Cooking and Living", August/September 2004.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled, tails left intact
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers packed in salt, rinsed and drained
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice (1 squeezed lemon)
- 4 cups mixed greens, with radicchio and mesclun (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and saute for 3 minutes, until they turn pink.
- Carefully add the brandy, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the parsley, capers and lemon juice.
- Cook for 2 minutes, and remove from the heat.
- To serve, place a serving of shrimp on a bed of mixed greens.