Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Ingrid Hoffman's Simply Delicioso. I love her "Chica Tip", which is this: If your shrimp is making a 'C' shape, then it's cooked. If it's an 'O' shape, then it's overdone.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended ( Tabasco)
- fresh black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until it is fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the shrimp, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt and pepper and let the mixture simmer until the shrimp are partially cooked through and beginning to curl, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the ketchup and the oregano and simmer until the shrimp are opaque and just cooked through, 2 more minutes.
- Add the brandy and parsley, stir to combine, remove from the heat and serve.