Recipe by Chef at Heart
I have no idea where or how I got this. It has raspberries which are abundant in my yard so I may have come up with it myself.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Except for adding a bit more cornstarch & almond, I followed the recipe step by step, & the resulting chicken dish was REALLY, REALLY great ~ the taste of the raspberries here was very different for me, & was OUTSTANDING! Well worth keeping & making again! Many thanks to the Chef at Heart!
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 lb raspberries, frozen (thawed) or 1⁄2 lb raspberries, fresh
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon almonds, toasted sliced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauce :.
- Cook all ingredients but brandy and cornstarch for 1/2 hour.
- Strain through sieve to eliminate raspberry seeds.
- Pour back into sauce pan.
- Blend cornstarch and brandy.
- Add to mixture and cook until thickened.
- You may add salt and pepper to taste at this point (personal preference).
- Turn temperature to low or if necessary cover and remove from heat.
- Brown chicken on both sides and then bake 10 minute in 350% oven or until juices run clear.
- Serve with sauce drizzled over chicken. Sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds.
- **there should be enough sauce depending on how much you like on your chicken to serve up to 8, however it definitely serves 6.
- ***I like to serve this with rice and place the extra sauce in a serving dish to pass around if anyone wants to put it on their rice. If doing this I would suggest you make it with 6 chicken breasts not 8.