My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wipe meat pieces and trim off any fat.
- 2Heat olive oil and butter or margarine in large skillet until bubbly.
- 3Add meat pieces and saute on all sides until browned.
- 4While browning, press whole cloves into onion chunks (generously).
- 5Add chunks to skillet in between meat pieces; add Bouquet garni.
- 6Sprinkle with salt.
- 7Generously'slosh' brandy over top (at least 1/2 cup).
- 9Cook over medium to low heat about 30 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
- 10Remove meat pieces from pan and keep warm.
- 11Discard onion chunks, cloves and Bouquet garni.
- 12Increase heat to medium high.
- 13Add cream and mustard; cook, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- 14Return meat to pan and coat on all sides with sauce.
- 15Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Rabbit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brandied Rabbit in Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.6
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.3 mg
- Sodium 180.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: