Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Wipe meat pieces and trim off any fat.
- Heat olive oil and butter or margarine in large skillet until bubbly.
- Add meat pieces and saute on all sides until browned.
- While browning, press whole cloves into onion chunks (generously).
- Add chunks to skillet in between meat pieces; add Bouquet garni.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Generously'slosh' brandy over top (at least 1/2 cup).
- Cook over medium to low heat about 30 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
- Remove meat pieces from pan and keep warm.
- Discard onion chunks, cloves and Bouquet garni.
- Increase heat to medium high.
- Add cream and mustard; cook, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- Return meat to pan and coat on all sides with sauce.
- Serve at once.