Recipe by NavyWife'nMom
Borrowed from Epicurious, this is my husband's favorite pumpkin pie, which HE makes every year.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cognac or 1⁄4 cup other brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, heavy cream, milk, eggs, and Cognac until the filling is smooth.
- Pour filling into shell/crust of your choosig. Brush the edge of the shell lightly with egg wash if desired and bake in the middle of a preheated 375°F oven for 1 hour, or until filling is set but the center still shakes slightly. (The filling will continue to set as the pie cools.)
- Transfer pie to a rack and let cool completely.
- Garnish with ginger whipped cream.