Recipe by Sweet PQ?
This was one of the recipes from my mom's collection. In her writing, "you add the beaten egg whites separately - better texture". You are supposed to sprinkle pine nuts around the pan, but mom wrote to "omit" (she didn't care for them) - she just greased & floured the pan. She also noted "try orange zest". NOTE: Prep time is estimated.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325*. Use the 1 tablespoon of butter to grease a 9" bundt pan. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the pine nuts. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and nutmeg together & set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Slowly beat in 1/4 cup of the sugar to make a stiff meringue. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup sugar until light. Beat in the egg yolks.
- Add sour cream & mix at low speed until blended. Blend in half the flour mixture. Add brandy and remaining flour mixture, blending until batter is smooth. Stir in the lemon zest.
- Gently fold in the meringue and remaining pine nuts.
- Spoon into prepared pan. Bake on lowest oven rack @ 325* for 55-60 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes before inverting on wire rack to cool completely.