Brandied Pear Bread Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut pear slices in half and add to dish with bread cubes. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, sugar, brandy, vanilla, cinnamon and eggs.
- Slowly whisk in butter, then pour over bread and pears, tossing lightly to coat bread with egg mixture. Sprinkle with pecans and let stand for about 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Place baking dish in a larger, shallow baking dish and add hot water until it reaches halfway up the side of the smaller dish. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove both pans from oven, remove baking dish from water bath and let cool slightly. Serve warm with Brandy Cream or lightly sweetened whipped cream.
- Brandy Cream:.
- Beat 1/2 cup heavy cream and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar in a medium chilled mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Add 1 tablespoons brandy and beat until stiff peaks form.