This is another recipe that is part of my recipe exchange program w/SusieQusie & is from the "1 of a Kind Cookbook" of the Junior League of Mobile, AL. SQ was so proud of herself for having undone a nearly lifelong dislike of sweet potatoes that she put this 1 on my agenda. Thx SQ!
- 1 (29 ounce) canned peach halves (drained & syrup reserved)
- 2 tablespoons butter (at room temp)
- 2 1⁄2 cups canned sweet potatoes (or yams in light syrup, drained, heated thru & mashed)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange peel (grated)
- 2 tablespoons brandy (or peach brandy)
- nuts (chopped, topping garnish)
- brown sugar (topping garnish)
- Drain peaches & arrange halves in a baking dish w/cut side up (To make more secure, cut a thin slice from the bottom).
- Cream canned sweet potatoes & butter.
- Add brown sugar, orange peel, salt & brandy (If needed, use reserved peach syrup to get a smooth consistency).
- Spoon mixture into peach halves.
- sprinkle w/chopped nuts + brown sugar
- bake at 350°F (uncovered) for 15-20 minutes.