Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sweet summer preserved in a jar. Clingstone peaches work really well with this recipe. Aging improves flavor. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- Insert 2 cloves in each whole, peeled peach.
- Make a syrup of the sugar and water.
- Beat the egg white to a froth and add to the syrup; skim.
- Add fruit, one layer at a time, and boil for five minutes.
- Pack in sterilized jars.
- Boil the syrup about ten minutes more, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, add brandy and pour over the fruit.
- Seal at once in a boiling water bath.