Sweet summer preserved in a jar. Clingstone peaches work really well with this recipe. Aging improves flavor. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Insert 2 cloves in each whole, peeled peach.
- 2Make a syrup of the sugar and water.
- 3Beat the egg white to a froth and add to the syrup; skim.
- 4Add fruit, one layer at a time, and boil for five minutes.
- 5Pack in sterilized jars.
- 6Boil the syrup about ten minutes more, or until thickened.
- 7Remove from heat, add brandy and pour over the fruit.
- 8Seal at once in a boiling water bath.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brandied Peaches
Serving Size: 1 (4936 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1812.0
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 397.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 393.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g