Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This peach sauce is a favorite over ice cream, cake, pancakes, waffles. If you do not want to use the brandy, peach or apricot nectar is a good substitute. Plain brandy can also be substituted if desired.
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons peach brandy
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Combine the water, brandy, preserves, sugar, and salt in a medium heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the peaches and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the peaches are tender.
- Remove the peaches from the pan with a slotted spoon and place in a serving bowl.
- Cook the syrup until very thick- about ten minutes.
- Toss with the peaches and vanilla.
- The sauce can be served immediately, or can be served at room temperature or chilled.
Made this just as a change from the strawberry sauces I usually make during the summer ~ Made a double batch, & we find it GREAT OVER ICE CREAM & POUND CAKE! Thanks for a great recipe
Excellent recipe!! I made this to go over pancakes (#66241) with Chambord spiked whipped cream!! Awesome! My family of four devoured it. I also added sliced almonds, almond extract, and a few tabs of butter to the peaches. I will definetly make again.