Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Want an easy dessert that seems like it's more trouble than it is? Try this.
- 1 (28 ounce) can peach slices, in juice (undrained)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 3 tablespoons brandy, divided
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream (preferably a premium brand like Haagen-Daaz)
- In a saucepan, combine peaches and their juice, cherries, the cinnamon stick and 2 tbsp of brandy.
- Turn heat to high; when mixture starts to bubble, turn heat down and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide ice cream among 4 shallow dessert serving dishes.
- Remove peaches from heat, discard cinnamon, stir in remaining tbsp of brandy, and serve immediately over the ice cream.