Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This makes an easy light dessert in summer or when you want something a little special! Enjoy:)
- 8 oranges
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
- Peel oranges leaving no white pith.
- Slice crosswise into thin slices, or cut into segments and place in a serving bowl.
- Stir sugar and water together over a low heat until disolved and then boil for 2mins.
- Cool, add Brandy and Grand Marnier or Contreau.
- Pour over prepared oranges.
- Serve at room temperature with whipped cream and/or ice cream.
- Can be made ahead, (I have done this 2 - 4 days ahead) and stored in fridge. Bring to room temp to serve or if preferred serve chilled.
One word...Exquisitely Elegant! Okay, that was two words but it did bring my love for oranges to unheard of new heights. One for Best of 2011.
This was lovely. DH and I had it with slightly sweetened whipped cream. I'll serve this for my next company dinner, maybe with a cheesecake.
This was very good, I only had 2 oranges so just used them and cut the syrup down to half a cup. Not sure exactly how much sugar I put in as I didn't measure but it would not have been as much as the original recipe..pro pro. Kept the alcohol at the same amount and poured over the oranges and let the marinade for a couple of hours before eating. My neighbour and I were very happy after eating this.