- 8 oranges
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel oranges leaving no white pith.
- Slice crosswise into thin slices, or cut into segments and place in a serving bowl.
- Stir sugar and water together over a low heat until disolved and then boil for 2mins.
- Cool, add Brandy and Grand Marnier or Contreau.
- Pour over prepared oranges.
- Serve at room temperature with whipped cream and/or ice cream.
- Can be made ahead, (I have done this 2 - 4 days ahead) and stored in fridge. Bring to room temp to serve or if preferred serve chilled.