kyle martin's Note:
immaculate thanksgiving/christmas dinner
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit (prunes, apricots, raisins, cherries, dates and/or cranberries)
- 1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
- 2 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 medium apples, peeled,sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1Heat oven to 500 degrees.
- 2In small saucepan, bring brandy, water, powdered sugar, dried fruit and ginger to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 3Reuce heat to low; simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until fruit is soft.
- 4Rub pork with herbes de provence; sprinkle wit salt and pepper.
- 5Melt butter in large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Add pork; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- 7Place pork in shllow roasting pan.
- 8Add apples to same skillet.
- 9Cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until apples are coated with butter.
- 10Add dried fruit mixture.
- 11Cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until apples are tender.
- 12Pour fruit sauce over pork.
- 13Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until internal temperature reches 150 degrees.
- 14Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brandied Fruit Pork Tenderloin
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.0
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 78.8 mg
- Sodium 179.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence