Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
immaculate thanksgiving/christmas dinner
Make and share this Brandied Fruit Pork Tenderloin recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit (prunes, apricots, raisins, cherries, dates and/or cranberries)
- 1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
- 2 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 medium apples, peeled,sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Heat oven to 500 degrees.
- In small saucepan, bring brandy, water, powdered sugar, dried fruit and ginger to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reuce heat to low; simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until fruit is soft.
- Rub pork with herbes de provence; sprinkle wit salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Place pork in shllow roasting pan.
- Add apples to same skillet.
- Cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until apples are coated with butter.
- Add dried fruit mixture.
- Cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Pour fruit sauce over pork.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until internal temperature reches 150 degrees.
- Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes.