Recipe by Oolala
From Mastering the Art of Barbecue Cooking by Hanna H. Thomas. This is made in a pan over the BBQ so for me, this can be made in a pan in the kitchen too! It says that it pairs well with Greek salad and crusty French bread.
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin, Frenched
- 1⁄2 cup clarified butter
- 1 garlic clove, bruised
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, washed, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring meat to room temperature.
- Pour butter into long handled skillet and heat.
- If making on a BBQ over coals, very quickly, sear both sides of the fillets over hot coals.
- Remove immediately to skillet. If making on the stove, sear meat in skillet over high heat and remove to a plate to stop the cooking.
- In the skillet, add garlic and cook the fillets for a few minutes only; push to sides of skillet.
- Add mushrooms and cook in center of skillet 5 minutes only until tender crisp.
- Remove garlic and discard.
- Lay fillets on top of the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle brandy over all and shake pan to loosen juices. *For extra flair, flame with additional brandy.
- Serve immediately.