1/1 Photo of Brandied Custard Crepe Filling
This recipe came from the back of a package of pre-made crepes I bought many years ago. It's the best custard, very creamy and sweet. It's great all by itself, or to use as a crepe filling (as the title defines). But I've also used it to sweeten up a bowl of fresh fruit. Since I have kids, I usually make this without the Brandy and it's just as good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 2-quarter saucepan, combine the milk, sugar, and cornstarch and cook until thickened (or microwave for 5 to 7 minutes).
- 2Add ¼ of the hot milk mixture to the beaten eggs and blend well.
- 3Add the egg mixture to the remaining hot milk mixture in the saucepan and add stir over medium heat (or microwave for 2 minutes or until thick). Remove pan from heat; stir in the brandy (if using) and vanilla. Chill completely.
- 4For use as a crepe filling - Recipe makes enough filling for 10 crepes. Place 3 tablespoons of custard in the center of each crepe. Add about 1/3 cup of sliced strawberries, if you wish. Then gently roll each crepe and place on a plate. Top each crepe with whipping cream and fresh strawberries.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brandied Custard Crepe Filling
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.9
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 26.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g