Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a beautiful Cranberry Sauce with a dash of brandy for a little kick! Serve it with poultry or other meats, or even as a dessert topping.
- 3 cups cranberries
- 1 orange, chopped fine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1⁄3 cup brandy
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place cranberries and chopped orange in a 13 x 9" baking dish; sprinkle evenly with sugar and spices.
- Bake one hour, stirring after 30 minutes.
- Add brandy, stir until well blended. Pour into jars or serving dishes. Serve chilled.
Very good! I added 2 bags of cranberries, which is about 6 cups. I didn't double the rest of the ingredients, and it tasted wonderful. I added about 1-2 tablespoons of brandy. Thanks!
Used orange flavored vodka instead of brandy - AWESOME - thank you so much!!!