Recipe by Sharon123
This recipe won the 1996 Grand Prize in the Prize Tested Recipes contest in Better Homes and Gardens magazine. Delicious! A French recipe!
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup snipped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup brandy or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4 cup glass measuring bowl combine raisins, cranberries, apricots, and brandy or water.
- Cover with plastic wrap; turn back a corner to vent.
- Cook on high for 2 minutes.
- (Or, place fruit and brandy in a saucepan; bring to boiling. Remove from heat.) Let stand for 20 minutes.
- For crust, in a medium mixing bowl stir together 1 cup flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar.
- Cut in margarine or butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into an ungreased 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 350* oven about 20 minutes.
- or till golden.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs with a mixer on low speed for 4 minutes.
- ;stir in the 1 cup brown sugar, the 1/2 cup flour, and vanilla.
- Add drained fruit and nuts; stir to mix.
- Pour mixture over crust; spread evenly.
- Bake about 40 minutes.
- or till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, covering with foil the last 10 minutes.
- to prevent over-browning.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- To serve, cut into squares.
- Makes 16 bars.