1 hr 25 mins
This recipe won the 1996 Grand Prize in the Prize Tested Recipes contest in Better Homes and Gardens magazine. Delicious! A French recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup golden raisin
- 1/3 cup dark raisin
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup snipped dried apricot
- 1/2 cup brandy or 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- powdered sugar
- 1In a 4 cup glass measuring bowl combine raisins, cranberries, apricots, and brandy or water.
- 2Cover with plastic wrap; turn back a corner to vent.
- 3Cook on high for 2 minutes.
- 4(Or, place fruit and brandy in a saucepan; bring to boiling. Remove from heat.) Let stand for 20 minutes.
- 6For crust, in a medium mixing bowl stir together 1 cup flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar.
- 7Cut in margarine or butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 8Press into an ungreased 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- 9Bake in a 350* oven about 20 minutes.
- 10or till golden.
- 11In a medium bowl beat eggs with a mixer on low speed for 4 minutes.
- 12;stir in the 1 cup brown sugar, the 1/2 cup flour, and vanilla.
- 13Add drained fruit and nuts; stir to mix.
- 14Pour mixture over crust; spread evenly.
- 15Bake about 40 minutes.
- 16or till a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, covering with foil the last 10 minutes.
- 17to prevent over-browning.
- 19Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 20To serve, cut into squares.
- 21Makes 16 bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brandied Cranberry-Apricot Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1016 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 83.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g