Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Bach's Lunch submitted by Mrs. Klaus. Posting to make one of these days. Sounds easy to make.
- 2 rock cornish game hens
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup currant jelly
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- Remove giblets from hens. Rinse the hens and pat dry.
- Mix herbs, salt and 1/4 cup butter in a small bowl. Put half of this butter mixture inside each hen and skewer closed.
- Rub hens with remaining butter and place in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast at 375°F for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat jelly and brandy together in a small saucepan until jelly melts. Pour the brandy mixture over hens and roast 30 minutes longer until done, basting every 5-10 minutes.