Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
These chicken wings really perk up when they're seasoned with a hint of brandy. They are by far the best chicken wings I've ever tasted.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 (12 ounce) packages chicken drummettes (the little chicken legs..haha)
- In saucepan melt butter and mustard; add brown sugar until dissolved. Add soy, brandy, and stir until warm and thoroughly blended.
- Place chicken in a 9 x 12 pan. Pour mixture over drummettes, and bake until brown at 275° for 3-4 hours. Baste about every 45 minutes.
Quick and easy! I also cut down on the sugar, and added a little fresh ginger for some kick.
I made 1/2 recipe, and they came out very tender. TOO sweet for my taste, my friends who I made them for enjoyed them. I loved the brandy flavor, but would definitely cut back on the sugar. But my friends said they were excellent. Nice recipe
I made these to munch on during the Super Bowl and they are fantastic. I am usually not a fan of baked wings but these came out so flavorful and so nicely glazed that I didn't miss the grilling flavor at all. I had to use tamari instead of soy sauce so I only used half the amount and it worked perfectly. Thanks for posting this delicious wing recipe!