8 hrs 15 mins
Alan Leonetti's Note:
This is a wonderful spread. Your guests will love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the livers in cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- 2In a small enough bowl, combine the livers and milk, making sure that the milk covers the livers.
- 3Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 4After the refrigeration, drain the livers well.
- 5In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- 6Add the livers, onions, thyme, bay leaves, only 1 teaspoon salt, and the white pepper.
- 7Cook, stirring occasionally, until the livers are just slightly pink and the onions are soft, which should take about 5 minutes.
- 8Carefully add the brandy and cook until the liquid is evaporated and the livers are fully cooked through, but still tender.
- 9Remove from the heat, and spread onto a large plate to cool.
- 10After it is cooled to room temperature, transfer to a food processor.
- 11Add the cream cheese and butter, and process on high speed until smooth.
- 12Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pulse to blend.
- 13Line a 5-cup loaf pan or baking dish (8 1/2” by 4 1/2” by 3” deep) with plastic wrap, leaving an overhang of several inches.
- 14Spoon the mixture into the pan or baking dish, smoothing out with a rubber spatula.
- 15Wrap the pan or dish with the overhanging wrap and chill until firm, at least 8 hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brandied Chicken Liver Mousse Spread Appetizer
Serving Size: 1 (1851 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 993.4
- Calories from Fat 817
- Total Fat 90.8 g
- Saturated Fat 53.4 g
- Cholesterol 697.0 mg
- Sodium 1409.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 30.7 g