Recipe by evelyn/athens
Oh, this is good! Easy and sophisticated.
Top Review by V'nut-Beyond Redemption
Would you believe I made 5 batches of this recipe already? I brought the first two batches to the office and we had it with Chocolate Ice Cream (Vanilla was sold out) and some purchased crepes. Delish!! This is a keeper. I'm thinking of making these for Christmas. It didn't thicken very much but we still love it!
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cherries in half and pit them, working over a bowl to catch the juices.
- Set aside.
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium high heat, bring the sugar and 1/4 cup of brandy to boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Continue boiling, without stirring, until the liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cherries and their juices to the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the cherries are just heated through and slightly softened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon of brandy and remove from the heat.
- Set aside for at least 5 minutes to cool slightly and allow the flavors to meld.
- Spoon the warm cherries and sauce over the ice cream.