1/3 Photos of Brandied Cherries
Oh, this is good! Easy and sophisticated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut cherries in half and pit them, working over a bowl to catch the juices.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In a small heavy saucepan over medium high heat, bring the sugar and 1/4 cup of brandy to boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- 4Continue boiling, without stirring, until the liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add the cherries and their juices to the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the cherries are just heated through and slightly softened, about 1 minute.
- 6Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon of brandy and remove from the heat.
- 7Set aside for at least 5 minutes to cool slightly and allow the flavors to meld.
- 8Spoon the warm cherries and sauce over the ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brandied Cherries
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 35.2 g
- Protein 0.8 g