1/1 Photo of Brandied Butter-Cream Carrots
I've been making these tasty brandied carrots with butter, parsley and cream since I was a newlywed! They're very popular in my household, and a wonderful vegetable side dish for dinner parties, holidays, special occasions, or Sunday dinners. Delicious! Would also be good with the addition of parsnips. I like to use a good brandy (such as German 'Asbach Uralt'), but any brandy should do just fine. I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh carrot, peeled and sliced on the diagonal into 1/2-in slices
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh ground black pepper (couple of twists)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic granules (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus additional for garnish (or chervil or chives)
- 1Place the prepared carrots in a 2-quart saucepan.
- 2Add water; bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer until carrots are tender crisp (about 20 to 25 minutes, no more!).
- 3When the carrots are tender crisp, drain and add the remaining ingredients to the carrots in the pan, stirring gently to coat.
- 4Serve the brandied carrots hot, sprinkled with fresh snipped parsley (or chervil -or- chives, as you wish).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brandied Butter-Cream Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.1
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 173.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 1.3 g