Recipe by waynejohn1234
Have had this in my files for a long time. I think the original recipe called f or Brandy but I prefer to use Apricot brandy. Makes a nice starter course. Very easy - so enjoy. I have also used an orange liqueur. .
- 4 1⁄2 ounces brie round or 4 1⁄2 ounces camembert cheese
- 2 tablespoons apricot brandy (or of your choice)
- 10 dried apricots, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven: 350 degrees.
- Place cheese in a small ovenproof dish, just large enough to fit the cheese with about 1 inch all around for the apricots.
- Make slashes in the top of the Brie so that some of the brandy can seep into the cheese.
- Pour 1 tbls. of brandy slowly over the top so that as much as possible goes into the slashes.
- Mix the other tbls. with the apricots.
- Sprinkle these around the Brie.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- (You can do this ahead to this point, refrigerate and add 5 minutes to baking time).
- Bake for about 20 minutes Cheese should be runny and hot.
- Serve with crackers.