Recipe by twissis
This is another so easy-to-fix recipe for the blue cheese lovers among us & is from the *Finger Food* cookbook of the Australian Womens Weekly cookbook series. It showcases an ingredient combo that never would have occured to me, but is truly wonderful & will get you raves of admiration! It is simply the perfect bite of sweet & savory. *Enjoy* !
Top Review by French Tart
VERY naughty Twissis - but totally divine! Made for aperitif snacks yesterday and wolfed down by the greedy people who came for drinks - I managed to fight them off and get one - they will NOT be invited again!! LOL! I made these exactly as stated and they turned out a dream......I had a brief accident with my piping bag - it burst - so I had to spoon the cheese spread on the biscuits in the end......nobody noticed! (They were too busy eating them!) A keeper which I will say is my own invention now.....unless they are Zaar members, in which case I will come clean! Many thanks for this super recipe - FT:-)
- 5 ounces blue cheese (may use the other British variety of Stilton)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives (chopped)
- 4 dates (pitted)
- 25 water crackers
- fresh parsley sprig (to garnish, or use dry parsley flakes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cheeses, brandy & chives in a sml bowl w/an electric mixer till well-combined.
- Slice dates into very fine strips.
- Just b4 serving, spread or pipe cheese mixture onto crackers & top w/date strips & parsley.
- NOTE: Cheese mix can be prepared 2 dys ahead of need, covered & stored in refrigerator.