Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another so easy-to-fix recipe for the blue cheese lovers among us & is from the *Finger Food* cookbook of the Australian Womens Weekly cookbook series. It showcases an ingredient combo that never would have occured to me, but is truly wonderful & will get you raves of admiration! It is simply the perfect bite of sweet & savory. *Enjoy* !
- 5 ounces blue cheese (may use the other British variety of Stilton)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives (chopped)
- 4 dates (pitted)
- 25 water crackers
- fresh parsley sprig (to garnish, or use dry parsley flakes)
- Beat cheeses, brandy & chives in a sml bowl w/an electric mixer till well-combined.
- Slice dates into very fine strips.
- Just b4 serving, spread or pipe cheese mixture onto crackers & top w/date strips & parsley.
- NOTE: Cheese mix can be prepared 2 dys ahead of need, covered & stored in refrigerator.
VERY naughty Twissis - but totally divine! Made for aperitif snacks yesterday and wolfed down by the greedy people who came for drinks - I managed to fight them off and get one - they will NOT be invited again!! LOL! I made these exactly as stated and they turned out a dream......I had a brief accident with my piping bag - it burst - so I had to spoon the cheese spread on the biscuits in the end......nobody noticed! (They were too busy eating them!) A keeper which I will say is my own invention now.....unless they are Zaar members, in which case I will come clean! Many thanks for this super recipe - FT:-)
Though I am not really into dates, this is making a great weeknight snack for us. I did spread the cheese spread by hand, and the cheese mixture was great, and flavorful. Thanks for a great snack.
Yummy! Didn't know I liked dates, but now I do! I used too big of crackers, but the cheese has such a strong flavor it wasn't too bad to have extra neutral flavor. I also made some with green apples instead of dates. That worked great, too.