Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
You will never regret making these. I have even made this in a large serving bowl and it was wonderful!
- 500 ml milk
- 1⁄4 cup custard powder
- 1⁄4 cup firmly pack brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 825 g apricots in syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons gelatin
- 250 g jam rolls
- 1⁄3 cup Cointreau liqueur
- 300 ml thickened cream
- Bring milk to boil, remove.
- Blend custard powder, sugar and eggs in a separate bowl.
- Beat until sugar has dissolved with electric beaters.
- Add egg mix to milk.
- Stir over heat without boiling until custard has thickened.
- Add essence, cover and cool to room temperature.
- Drain apricots, and reserve the syrup.
- Combine reserved syrup with nectar in saucepan and sprinkle gelatin on top.
- Stir over over heat without boiling til gelatin has dissolved. Cool.
- Slice apricots and place in slice pan.
- Add gelatin mix over apricots, and refrigerate until set.
- cut rollettes into 1cm slices divide half of the slices over bases of 6 serving bowls or glasses.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 Cointreau.
- Cut apricot jelly into pieces, put 1/2 over rollettes.
- top with 1/2 custard.
- Finish with cream.