Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
This applesauce is made in the pressure cooker and jazzed up with brandy and spices. The spices will mellow out a bit as it cools. Keeps up to 10 days in the refrigerator.
- 4 lbs granny smith apples
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider
- 1⁄3 cup brandy, preferable applejack
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon zest (1/2 lemon)
- Peel, core, and quarter the apples.
- In a pressure cooker, combine all the ingredients and cook at high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally (it'll take 10 to 20 minutes), then remove cinnamon sticks and coarsely chop the apples; alternatively, puree the apples if you prefer a smoother texture.
- Taste and adjust sweetness and flavorings.
- Set aside to cool, then cover and refrigerate.