Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fancy fall dessert.
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) packagefrozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 rome apples, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- vanilla ice cream
- Cut puff pastry sheets into 6 (5-inch) circles, and place on baking sheets. Spread evenly with butter, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar. Lightly grease the bottom of a baking sheet, and place directly on pastry circles.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Sprinkle 1 cup sugar in a large skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until golden brown.
- Stir in apple slices and cinnamon; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove apples with a slotted spoon.
- Stir brandy into sugar mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Place pastry circles on individual dessert plates. Arrange apple slices on top, and drizzle with brandy mixture. Top tarts with vanilla ice cream, and serve immediately.