Recipe by Comedie
There are a few variations on this classic from the south of France, generally associated with the ville of Nimes. While the French will sometimes bake this as a dinner dish, I love it as a spread on bread for breakfast.
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak salt cod 12 hours, changing water at least 3 times to remove excess salt.
- Boil potato and remove skin.
- Drain cod, then place in fresh water for 10 minutes.
- Remove any skin or bones found in the cod, and flake.
- In food processor, process cod, garlic, and potato until a smooth paste.
- Place paste in a sauce pan over low heat. While stirring constantly, add the oil slowly.
- Season with pepper to taste and cool.
- Store in refrigerator up to 1 week (never lasts that long for me).