Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've tweaked the original recipe for years until it just doesn't get any better than this. The batter will last a month in the fridge so it's easy to make just a few muffins at a time.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups all-bran cereal
- 1⁄4 vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 2 bananas
- 1 pint buttermilk
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries or 1 cup dried apple
- Pour boiling water over 1/2 of the bran cereal.
- Cream together butter, eggs, sugar, bananas.
- blend in bran mixture and buttermilk.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt.
- stir in dried fruit and nuts.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.