Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from Rachel, my MIL.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups bran flakes
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 2⁄3 cup mashed fully ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- Stir together cereal, milk, and bananas in mixing bowl. Let stand several minutes or until cereal is softened.
- Beat egg substitute slightly and add with the melted margarine to the cereal mixture. Beat well.
- Add flour mixture; stir in raisins, stirring only until combined.
- Pour evenly into 12 greased 2 1/2 inch muffin pans. Bake at 400°F about 25 minutes or until lightly browned.