Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was a Kelloggs recipe from 1945. Delicious!
Make and share this Bran Spice Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all bran, molasses, and milk.
- Beat egg and add to bran mixture.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Sit into wet mixture.
- Stir in raisins.
- Grease muffin tins and fill 2/3 full.
- Bake about 20 minutes at 400F.
- Remove from pan and cool on racks.
Wonderful, rich muffin!I didn't have all the molasses so I used some honey (about 1/4th cup) and used 1/4th tsp nutmeg and 1/4th tsp cloves in place of the ginger.I will make these again.
These muffins have a wonderful taste but I found them to have a slightly rubbery texture.But they are perfect when put in the microwave for a few seconds.
These are really good bran muffins. I was in a hurry, so I didn't let the mixture set and it was quite runny, but they baked up perfectly in the correct amount of time. Made exactly as directed.