1/1 Photo of Bran & Raspberry Muffins
Low-Fat, Heart-Healthy bran muffin with a twist of raspberry flavor. This recipe is a Graham Kerr best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a muffin tin with foil muffin cups and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the flour, bran, baking powder, and baking soda until well incorporated.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites and molasses until frothy. Whisk in the applesauce and milk.
- 4Pour the liquids on top of the dry ingredients and stir until just incorporated - do not over-stir.
- 5At this point, you can cover the batter and leave in the refrigerator overnight. The fruit should be added just before baking.
- 6Very gently fold in the raspberries, trying to prevent the fruit from breaking. Spoon approximately 1/4 cup of the batter into each muffin cup, filling each completely; these muffins do rise, but not as much as the high-fat versions.
- 7Bake for 25 minutes until golden-brown.
- 8Remove the muffins from tin and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bran & Raspberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (665 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.7
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 131.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 2.7 g