Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm putting this recipe here, because it's a favorite and I want to be able to find it quicker the next time.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 banana
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit (any combination you like)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups bran flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Combine milk and bran flakes and allow to sit in a bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients, including fruit (I use peaches, apricots, cherries, cranberries, prunes or whatever combo I have in the house).
- Mix eggs, banana, vanilla and oil well and add to bran mixture.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Stir to blend, but don't overmix.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minute.
- Makes about 18 regular-size muffins.
- I usually make 6 Texas-size muffins, and use the rest for mini-muffins (bite size). It makes 18 of the regular size muffins.