Recipe by Di_ane
No Fat, Low Sugar, Big taste I played with a recipe and came up with this, these make large, moist, and tasty muffins, and all for only 151 calories
Top Review by haven't the slightest
These were awesome! They came out really moist, and I had some trouble getting them out of the pan (despite using lots of butter to grease it). I used recipe #275034 to make buttermilk, substituted demerara sugar for Splenda, and increased the raisins to 1 cup. There was a hint of salt when I tried it, so I'd reduce that next time. Overall though, this is a tasty, healthy recipe that I'd definitely make again. Thanks for sharing.
- 709.77 ml natural bran
- 473.18 ml buttermilk
- 158.51 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 118.29 ml Splenda granular
- 59.14 ml molasses
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 295.73 ml whole wheat flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl stir together bran, buttermilk and raisins, let soak for 10 minutes.
- Spray muffin tins with non stick cooking spray, preheat oven to 350. In mixing bowl add splenda, molasses, applesauce, eggs and mix on low speed till well blended. Add buttermilk mixture and mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix on low speed till incorporated. Increase speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes. Divide mixture into 12 muffin tins, bake for 15 - 20 minutes.