Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From American Diabetes Association. 1 1/2 Starch
- 1 large eggs or 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups nonfat milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 cups all-bran cereal (shredded type, not flakes)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick pan spray or line the muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat the egg in a medium bowl.
- Add the sugar, milk, and margarine; beat well.
- Stir in the bran.
- Allow to stand 2 minutes for the bran to soften.
- Sift the dry ingredients together into a small bowl; add to the bran mixture.
- Stir just until blended.
- Divide the batter among the 12 muffins cups; each will be about 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.