Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Moist muffins that are healthy for you!
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄8 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup 100% bran
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 quart buttermilk
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 cup chopped dates (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Pour boiling water over 100% bran and set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter, add eggs and beat til fluffy.
- Add buttermilk and 100% bran mixture (that was set aside).
- Sift flour, soda, salt and add into the batter.
- Fold in the all-bran and any other options.
- Spray muffin pans with vegetable spray.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 400F degrees.
- This batter may be stored in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container up to 6 weeks.
I have been looking for a good and easy to make bran muffin recipe. I have found it I made these on Sunday and will have to make more on Tuesday, the family just can't get enough of them. The only thing i found confusing is where is the molasis added? Oh well i just threw it in at the end!!
I grew up on a similar bran muffin mix, my mom's favorite 6 week bran muffins. But we couldn't find the recipe when I went to visit her. I tried this one when I got back. It is great. I doubt my batter will last 6 weeks.
Delicious! Just a note: the molasses is not included the 'Directions'. Thanks for the yummy recipe!!