Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Moist muffins that are healthy for you!
Make and share this Bran Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Pour boiling water over 100% bran and set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter, add eggs and beat til fluffy.
- Add buttermilk and 100% bran mixture (that was set aside).
- Sift flour, soda, salt and add into the batter.
- Fold in the all-bran and any other options.
- Spray muffin pans with vegetable spray.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 400F degrees.
- This batter may be stored in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed container up to 6 weeks.
I have been looking for a good and easy to make bran muffin recipe. I have found it I made these on Sunday and will have to make more on Tuesday, the family just can't get enough of them. The only thing i found confusing is where is the molasis added? Oh well i just threw it in at the end!!
I grew up on a similar bran muffin mix, my mom's favorite 6 week bran muffins. But we couldn't find the recipe when I went to visit her. I tried this one when I got back. It is great. I doubt my batter will last 6 weeks.
Delicious! Just a note: the molasses is not included the 'Directions'. Thanks for the yummy recipe!!