Recipe by celis
Mother in law gave this recipe to me. The muffins are high and fiber and tasty. Can substitute any dried fruit (or omit) for raisins. Or use 1 cup sugar instead of the honey.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 3 cups Kellogg's all-bran cereal
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour boiling water over the bran cereal.
- Stir together flour, soda and salt.
- Cream sugar, crisco and honey.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon (nutmeg or any other spices).
- Alternate adding flour mixture and buttermilk.
- Add the bran cereal.
- Bake in muffin tins at 400 degrees fro 15 to 20 minutes.