Recipe by Christine Magee
These bran muffins are soooo good and you're supposed to be able to have 2 of them for only 1 weight watcher point!
Top Review by Melcar
These muffins taste GREAT, but I calculated the points value and sadly, they are 2 points per muffin. The Shape Shop (weight watchers store) in my area sells 1/2-point bran muffins, so the recipe must exist. Unfortunately, this isn't it.
- 1 box 100% bran
- 3 3⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons allspice or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cloves
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 18 ounces egg substitute
- 2 cups applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the box of bran and the skim milk together and allow this to stand for a half hour.
- Mix the dry ingredients and then add them to the soaked bran.
- Lastly add the egg substitute and apple sauce.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- *Makesa really large batch, but the muffins freeze well.
- Two muffins equals 1 weight watcher point!