Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A relatively healthy way to start the morning.
- 1 cup miller's natural bran
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center and pour in liquids.
- Mix only long enough to wet all dry ingredients.
- Pour into 18 greased and floured muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
There is nothing like the basics. This is good standard fare. I added about a cup of blueberries to the recipe. I only got a dozen muffins but they sure are good!!
I really liked that fact that these muffins were low in calories and fat. I substituted whole wheat flour for the white and bran flakes for the natural bran and tossed in 1/4 c. walnuts. These are a nice light muffin and not so over sweet as some recipes I've tried. I had 2 right out of the oven. I will definately make them again. Thanks johnvac52!