Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups 100% all-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons eggs, just whites
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in another bowl.
- Mixing completely.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredient mix.
- Do not over stir.
- Spoon into muffin tins sprayed with nonstick oil.
- (you can leave out the oil if you use stick free muffin tin) Bake 18 to 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
Easty to make, moist, tasty, and down right delicious. Dancer you out did yourself with this recipe. I had difficulty measuring 4 tsp. egg whites, so I threw in the entire egg white with no negative results. I did up the cinnamon to 1 tsp. and added 1/4 tsp Allspice for more flavor. I also replaced the plain yogurt with nonfat vanilla yogurt.
Very easy! Very yummy! I substituted egg beaters for the egg whites and and used raisin bran cereal instead of plain. This is a healthy recipe that I will use over and over! Thanks!
Yet another great Dancer^ recipe. Fast, easy and low fat and calories too. Sure beats buying the fat loaded high cost muffins on the market!! It really doesn't take much time to put these together and it is sure worth it.