Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Bran Muffins from my Grandma's Best Friend. They were one of my favorites as a kid.
- 2 cups kelloggs all-bran cereal
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco (NOT oil)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint buttermilk
- 1 cup 100% bran or 1 cup other all-bran cereal
- Mix All Bran and Boiling Water and let stand.
- Mix crisco, sugar, eggs, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add Buttermilk and Cup of Bran Cereal.
- Add the All Bran mixture.
- Refrigerate and make muffins as needed.