Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious muffins my husband made while at school in CA. From www.healthyhomecookin.com
Make and share this Bran Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup natural bran
- 1⁄3 cup sucanat
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ener-g baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 cup dates, chopped (or raisins)
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce (or vegetable oil)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F Prepare muffin pan. Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl. Combine wet ingredients and quickly mix wet into dry. Bake at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- NOTE: To have these be more moist, use the vegetable oil in place of applesauce. More fat, but if you use canola it will give you the brain food --omega 3.
these were great for vegan muffins and easy to make with lots of fiber and a great taste..the only problem we found was they they were a little dry. i only baked them for 15 min but they were still dry. so maybe adding some more applesause or something might help. but they taste great. thanks