- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 2 cups wheat bran
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1 cup of the wheat bran with 1 cup of boiling water, set aside to cool.
- Cream sugar and oil.
- Add well beaten eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients together and combine with All- Bran cereal and 1 cup of wheat bran.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk and cooled bran.
- Mix until blended.
- Store in refrigerato for up to three wekks. Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.